Fluxx is "The Card Game with Ever-Changing Rules", and is played with a specially-designed deck, and is unique in the way that the rules and the conditions for winning are altered throughout the game, based on the cards played.
- Easy to learn - The game teaches itself!
- Fun for everyone - kids and adults, gamers and non-gamers... everyone loves Fluxx!
- Non-collectible - the whole game comes in a single box!
- Fast paced, fun, and totally unpredictable!
- Fun for groups of up to 6, but fun even with just 2 players!
- Unlike any other game you've ever played!
Contains: 84 playing cards, illustrated rules
Fluxx won the Mensa select Award in 1999, was listed as one of the Games 100 in 2001, and was a nominee for the Prestigious Origins Award. The game was first released in '97 in a modest, black and white edition, and became an instant underground hit. It has since been expanded with numerous versions and expansion packs.
Number Of Players: 2 to 6
Recommended Ages: 8 and up
- Fluxx 4.0
Fluxx is the card game with ever-changing rules! Play begins with the Basic Rules card in the center of the table. Game play progresses following the Basic Rules, and new rules are adapted as they appear. The game continues until someone meets the most recently played goal. Fluxx is a Mensa Select Award winner.
- Eco Fluxx
Don't just change the rules, change the world! Perfect for camping trips and nature classes, EcoFluxx is an environmental-themed edition of Fluxx featuring a whole food chain of woodland creatures: leaves eaten by caterpillars eaten by birds... and the worms that eat them all in the end! This new, full-color edition of EcoFluxx features new packaging, as well as over a dozen new cards, including Shells, Lizards, and Bats, plus several new 'Creeper' card types - Forest Fire, Drought, and Flood.
- Monty Python Fluxx
"And now for something completely different...." What an appropriate venue for one of the most hilarious, outrageously, chaotic British TV shows to date! Fluxx is a card game where the rules are always in fluctuation. Everyone starts out with the same basic Fluxx rules: Draw one card, play one card. As the game progresses, additional rules are added (by way of special cards entitled "New Rules"), making the game more complicated and fun.
- Oz Fluxx
Does life seem drab and humdrum? Let the cyclone of the ever-changing card game Fluxx whisk you away to a magical world of fun! Mingle with munchkins, make new friends, and follow the Yellow Brick Road to seek the Wizard's help for your own heart's desire -- but beware the flying monkeys, fighting trees, and fields of poppies! Don your green spectacles to enter the Emerald City, and keep a bucket of water handy: You never know when you'll run into a Wicked Witch that needs melting. Next stop...the land of Oz!
- Pirate Fluxx
Yarr! Draw a card play a card and grab yer cutlass! Pirates have taken over Fluxx, the ever-changing card game, and their rules be new and strange. There'll be times ye must Talk Like a Pirate, and rules about how ye can plunder from yer mates -- even cards that let you play out of turn, to take your enemies by surprise. Playing the Captain's Hat gives ye certain privileges....but watch out for Mutiny among the crew!
- Star Fluxx
Just when you thought that Fluxx had gone as far as it could go... it blasts off for the Stars! Explore the vastness of space-themed humor with your valiant Captain, your clever Engineer and, of course, your red-shirted expendable crewman. Visit the small moon -- or is it a Space Station? Encounter an Unseen Force, disable and Evil Computer, or find yourself afflicted with Brain Parasites! Star Fluxx will take you into a wormhole of fun and games, but watch out! It's a trap!
- Stoner Fluxx
Stoner Fluxx is based on Fluxx 3.0 and was designed by Andrew Looney, author of numerous articles about the folly of drug prohibition. Stoner Fluxx adds a new goal to the card game with ever-changing rules: helping to end marijuana prohibition! All new goals and keepers, plus themed actions and rules added in. Possibly even more fun than original Fluxx. For adults only.
- Zombie Fluxx
Good news for all you Fluxx fans out there! You now have the option of playing your favorite game, zombie style. With Zombie Fluxx, the rules are as ever changing as they are in Fluxx, except this time you may find yourself eaten by zombies, trying to kill the zombies, or (if someone changes the rules) trying to be a zombie! The cards in this deck are very amusing ranging from the Chainsaw card, the Brains card, the Coffee card, or the Zombie Repellent card. Zombie Fluxx is played just like the original version- the game starts with the basic rules of draw one card and play one card. There are several more "new rule" cards that can be played (example - draw three, play three and so on) therefore, the game is in a constant state of fluctuation.
Brief Fluxx Rules
It all begins with one basic rule: Draw one card, Play one card. You start with a hand of three cards... add the card you drew to your hand, and then choose one card to play, following the directions written on your chosen card. As cards are drawn and played from the deck, the rules of the game change from how many cards are drawn, played or even how many cards you can hold at the end of your turn.
There are 4 kinds of cards in Fluxx:
- Keepers: You put these out on the table in front of you when you play them.
- Goals: When someone plays a goal, it stays in the center of the table until a new goal takes its place. To win, you simply need to do whatever the goal says. Most of the time, the goal requires you to have a couple of particular Keepers on the table in front of you. As soon as any player achieves the current goal, that player wins!
- New Rules: This is where the fun really starts. When the game begins, the only rules are that you draw 1 card per turn and play 1 card per turn. But when you play a New Rule, these rules are either changed or added to. New Rules change the number of cards drawn and played per turn as well as the number of cards you are allowed to hold in your hand, the number of Keepers you can have, bonuses for players who have particular Keepers, and more.
- Actions: These are 1 time use cards that let you do fun stuff like stealing someone else's Keeper, getting rid of a rule you don't like, drawing more cards, and so on.
- LooneyLabs Fluxx
LooneyLabs is the publisher of Fluxx, and this is their page for the game, with official rules to the standard Fluxx card game, plus rules to each of the special editions and expansions.
- Wikipedia Fluxx
An article about the game from the free online encyclopedia, with rules and additional information.